Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

Is there a crisis in your homeland that would threaten your life, your freedom, or your safety if you returned?  If so, you may be able to remain in the United States by pursuing temporary protected status (TPS) through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Solely Dedicated to Immigration law

Schedule a Consultation – (909) 746-9000

Temporary protected status is only provided to those who are already in the U.S.  It is given to people whose homelands are officially recognized by the U.S. Attorney General as being unsafe due to a crisis or natural disaster.  War, severe civil unrest, floods, and earthquakes are often the reasons for offering temporary protected status to the citizens of a troubled country.  The designation lasts for six to 18 months and may be renewed.

Countries currently designated by the U.S. Attorney General for temporary protected status are:

  • Burundi
  • El Salvador
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • Liberia
  • Nicaragua
  • Somalia
  • Sudan

Temporary protected status does not lead to permanent residency, but you can obtain a work permit while you remain in the U.S.  Not every citizen of a designated country qualifies for TPS.  To learn if you may be eligible, please contact R. Bracken & Associates, Attorneys at Law for a consultation.  Our experienced immigration lawyers can explain the law and let you know whether temporary protected status is an option for you.

Se Habla Español • Credit Cards Accepted • Payment Plans Available

Our offices are located in San Bernardino County and the Inland Empire.  Evening and weekend appointments are available.  Please contact us today to schedule an initial consultation at an office near you.

Contact R. Bracken & Associates, Attorneys at Law